NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The BreatheCon Swag Design Contest (the "Contest") is designed to encourage eligible adults with CF ("Artist(s)" or "You") to use their creativity to create their own interpretation of "Making Every Breath Count." Judges will choose up to six finalists and the winner will be determined through public voting. Prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (these "Rules").
- BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation with respect to the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must: (a) be 18 years of age or older (artists who will be 18 by the event start date (September 20, 2019) may enter); and (b) have cystic fibrosis. Contest is void where prohibited by law. Contest judges and employees of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation ("CF Foundation" or "Sponsor"), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with principal place of business at 4550 Montgomery Ave, Suite 1100N, Bethesda, MD, 20814, USA.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on May 1, 2019 8:00am Eastern Time (ET) Zone in the United States and ends on June 14, 2019, 8:00am Eastern Time (ET) Zone ("Contest Period"). Submissions must be postmarked by June 14, 2019 (“Postmark Deadline”) and received at 4550 Montgomery Ave within seven (7) calendar days of the Postmark Deadline in order to have been submitted within the Contest Period.
- HOW TO ENTER: Complete the official online entry form ("Entry Form") with: (a) a submission that reflects Artist's creative interpretation of the Contest theme "Making Every Breath Count" ("Submission"); (b) all required information on the Entry Form; and (c) a descriptive artist statement of two hundred (200) words or less. The artist's name and artwork description will be visible to the public should it become a finalist or win. The submission and supporting statements must meet the "Submission Requirements," described below.
- Once the Entry Form is fully completed, artwork should be uploaded online or mailed in.
- To submit an entry in hard-copy form, the artwork must be mailed with the printed and completed Entry Template in an envelope (packaged carefully to avoid damage) with proper postage affixed, to the following mailing address:
Regular U.S. Mail:
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation c/o Community Partnerships
4550 Montgomery Ave.
Bethesda, MD 20814
- LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER ARTIST. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. To be considered for the Contest, entries must be: (i) complete (as determined by the CF Foundation); (ii) received by June 14, 2019 8:00am Eastern Time (ET); and (iii) in English. Machine or computer-generated mass entries will be disqualified. Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. The CF Foundation accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of entry. All entries will be deemed submitted by the Artist at the time of entry.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS. The submission and supporting statement must meet the following criteria ("Submission Requirements"):
- The submission must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortious, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
- The submission must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state where the submission and supporting statement are created.
- The submission must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark, representation of characters indicating a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- The submission must not contain any implied or explicit endorsement or mention of a specific CF treatment or therapy.
- The submission must be consistent with the mission of the CF Foundation.
- The submission must be original, unpublished work that does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
- The submission cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party's publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
- The submission is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
- The Artist does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or a third party.
- The submission is two-dimensional and scannable (e.g., no videos or GIFs)
- During the Contest Period, the Sponsor and/or the Judges (defined below) will be evaluating the submissions and supporting statements to ensure that they meet the Submission Requirements. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant whose submission and supporting statements do not meet the Submission Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
- JUDGING: Each submission will be evaluated and scored based on the following "Criteria": (i) artistic skills (ii) creativity and originality - considering the representation of the Contest theme "Making Every Breath Count"; (iii) communication of the Contest theme in both the artwork and supporting statement - how well the Artist explains what "Making Every Breath Count" means in the supporting statement and artwork; (iv) adherence to the Submission Requirements and these Rules.
- Using the above Criteria, there will be two levels to the judging process, which are discussed below.
- LEVEL ONE: Finalists
- Up to Six Finalists Selected at this Level
- The finalists will be notified on or before July 5, 2019 by telephone or email.
- Up to Six Finalists Selected at this Level
- LEVEL TWO: Winner
- One Winner Determined by Voting
- The submission receiving the highest number of public votes will win.
- Notification of Winner
- The winner will be notified on or before July 20, 2019 by telephone or email. Contest winner will be required to not share their win publicly until after the official announcement is made on August 27, 2019.
- One Winner Determined by Voting
- TIE-BREAKER: In the event of a tie at any level of judging, the judges will re-evaluate the tied submissions according to the Criteria until the tie is broken. The tied submissions will be put up for a re-vote amongst the judges until the tie is broken.
- NOTIFICATION OF FINALISTS AND WINNER: Becoming a finalist is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. If a potential finalist or winner is disqualified for any reason, the submission that received the next highest total votes will be chosen as the winner. The winner will be selected and notified by telephone and/or email, at Sponsor's discretion. In the event that the winner submitted their entry online they should keep a hard copy of their final artwork. The winner may be required to mail in the original artwork for high resolution scanning. If the winner is unable to provide the original artwork within seven (7) calendar days, the winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another winner may be selected. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. Determinations of Judges are final and binding.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The CF Foundation reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in the CF Foundation's sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, the CF Foundation, or the Judges.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between the CF Foundation and the Entrant, the Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights. As a condition of entry, Entrant grants the CF Foundation a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the submission for any purpose, including display on CF Foundation web properties, without any compensation to Entrant. Entries will not be returned. The CF Foundation retains all rights to CF Foundation products and services and entry into this Contest will in no case serve to transfer any CF Foundation intellectual property rights to the Entrant.
- PRIVACY: The CF Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement explains the types of personal information we may collect from website visitors and other individuals with whom we interact, whether online or offline, why we collect it, and with whom we may share it. It also describes how we protect your personal information and how you can contact us with any questions.
- PUBLICITY: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by the CF Foundation at the CF Foundation’s expense and agree and consent to use of their name and/or likeness by the CF Foundation. The CF Foundation will contact Entrants in advance of any CF Foundation-sponsored media request for interviews. The submissions may also be used for press and media purposes and Entrant agrees to waive any rights in their submission and not assert any intellectual property rights that Entrant has or may have in the submission. The CF Foundation reserves the right to publish the name and likeness of the Finalists and the Winner on the Contest Site or through other media for publicity purposes.
- WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrants warrant that their submissions are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submission and that they have the right to submit the image in the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any image that: (a) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (b) otherwise violates applicable state, federal, or local law.
- ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the Entrant and disqualification of the Entrant from the Contest.
- INTERNET AND DISCLAIMER: The CF Foundation is not responsible for any malfunction of any part of the Contest Site or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed submissions or votes due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Entrant's/consumer's ability to participate/vote respectively. The CF Foundation is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that Entrant's eligibility to participate in the Contest.