About the BreatheCon Swag Design Contest
The BreatheCon swag design contest offers adults with cystic fibrosis an opportunity to express themselves artistically and give back to the CF community!
Using the prompt “Making Every Breath Count,” adults with CF are invited to submit a creative work of their own design. The winning design will ultimately be chosen by the CF community and will be printed on the BreatheCon 2019 tote bag.
Why do we do swag (Stuff We All Get)? Just because BreatheCon is online doesn’t mean it’s not a REAL conference, so every year participants receive swag just like you would at an in-person conference. The swag tote bag with the contest’s winning design will surprise and delight you!
Please read the "How to Enter" section below before beginning your design.
Submission Period: May 1, 2019 8:00 a.m. ET - June 14, 2019 8:00a.m. ET
Finalists Notified: On or before July 5, 2019
Finalists Notified: On or before July 5, 2019
Public Voting Period: July 8 - 19, 2019
Winner Notified: July 20, 2019
BreatheCon 2019 Registration Opens: August 21, 2019
Winner Announced: August 27, 2019
All participants must be eligible to attend BreatheCon, meaning you have cystic fibrosis and will be 18 years of age or older by the event start date (September 20, 2019). See contest rules for more information.
Contest is void where prohibited by law. Contest judges and employees of the CF Foundation are ineligible to participate.
You can work with any materials you want, but all contest entries must be entered using the online entry form. You can submit artwork online (as a jpg, jpeg, png, svg, ai, psd, or eps) or mail it in with a completed entry template. The contest is open for entries until Friday, June 14, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET). The information below will help you get started:
- Download or print the entry template.
- Image must fit within a 7 inch (height) x 10 inch (width) space.
- Limit your submission to three (3) colors.
- You may also incorporate a fourth color, using the blue from the BreatheCon logo. BreatheCon Logo Color Codes (CMYK - C85 M10 Y0 K0, RGB -R0 G153 B215, HEX - #0099D7)
- Sign your artwork! You are welcome and encouraged to include your signature on your submission.
- You may use the entry template, but it is not required.
In 200 words or less, write an artist statement to tell us a bit more about what you have drawn and how it represents the prompt, “Making Every Breath Count.” The description of your artwork will be used in judging your submission and will be visible to the public should you become a finalist or contest winner.
A. Complete the online entry form.
B. Submit your artwork. You can either upload it to the contest site as a .jpg, jpeg, png, svg, ai, psd, or eps or mail it in at the address listed on the enter tab.
Submissions will be judged on the following parameters:
- Artistic skill:
Based on artistic merit.
- Creativity and originality:
Representation of the contest theme, "Making Every Breath Count," and the unique approach to the submission.
- Contest theme communication:
How well the contest theme is expressed in both the artwork and the supporting statement.
Up to six (6) finalists will be selected from all submissions by the judging panel, including the BreatheCon 2019 co-chairs and the CF Foundation communications and virtual event staff. Finalists will be notified on or before July 5, 2019 by telephone or email. After the finalists are selected, the public will vote for their favorite submission for a period of two weeks (July 8-19, 2019). These votes will determine the contest winner.
The submission receiving the highest number of votes will win. The winner will be notified on or before July 20, 2019 by telephone or email.
The winner will then be announced on August 27 (after BreatheCon 2019 registration opens on August 21, 2019). Contest winner will be required to not share their win publicly until after the official announcement is made on August 27, 2019.
The Winner will be featured on the BreatheCon 2019 registration site and BreatheCon 2019 swag. The winner will receive a special goody bag of CF Foundation and BreatheCon 2019 swag including extra tote bags with their artwork to share with family and friends.
- Submissions that are not original works and submissions that contain logos will be disqualified.
- Only one submission per artist. Only the first submission entered for each artist will be considered, and any additional submissions will be disqualified.
- Please read through contest rules for more information.
- Submissions that appear to be an endorsement of a particular CF treatment or therapy will be disqualified.