Let's Start Planning CF: MiniCon Transplant!
Join Co-Chairs Lisa Stackhouse and Jackie Bessette to kick off planning for CF MiniCon: Transplant 2019!
No matter what you're interested in helping with -- from program planning to facilitation -- join the group to learn more about the event goals and how to get involved. In addition, we'll get to know each other and learn about some of the exciting new ideas we have for this year!
The call will take place on Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 7 pm ET || 6 pm CT || 5 pm MT || 4 pm PT.
Even if you can't attend the kick-off call, you can still join the work group! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Lisa, Jackie and the Virtual Events Team
On Nov. 14 we will host the third CF MiniCon: Transplant. As we strive to use feedback from the community to heavily inform and build virtual events, the planning for this MiniCon will be a little different. With the support of the CF MiniCon: Transplant co-chairs, Lisa Stackhouse (post-transplant adult with CF) and Jackie Bessette (spouse/caregiver to a post-transplant adult with CF), and the CF Foundation Lung Transplant Initiative (LTI) team, a draft schedule has been built and we need your help to fill in the blanks.
Based on event feedback it was determined that CF MiniCon should offer both educational and connection-based opportunities for the range of transplant stages.
What is Your Role?
We need your help to evaluate the agenda and design the sessions based on the proposed topic. As a work group we will identify topics that should be covered within this event and check for gaps.
What is the Time Commitment?
If you have worked on other Virtual Event work groups you’ll notice a more abbreviated planning time – We’ve used the feedback to create less work for you!
- Weekly work group calls 60-minutes over approx. 6 weeks
- 1-2 Hours writing a session description and facilitator questions
- Engagement in online communication tool (Slack)
- 1-2 Hours for outreach (spreading the word to your personal network, care centers, chapters, etc.)
- 1-2 additional hours if also facilitating
Work Group Timeline
- Sept 24 – Kick-off Meeting (Overview, Icebreakers, Agenda Review/Fill Gaps)
- Oct. 1 – Session Title/Description/Facilitator Question Sign-up
- Oct. 8 – Session Titles/Descriptions Due, Launch Promo Discussions
- Oct. 14 – REGISTRATION OPENS
- Oct. 15 – Promotion/ Facilitator Recruitment
- Oct. 22 – Facilitator Recruitment/Facilitator Questions Due
- Oct. 29 – TBD
- Nov. 5 – TBD
- Nov. 12 – TBD
- Nov. 14 – EVENT DAY!
- Nov. 19 – Post-Event Debrief